Talc is an impotant industrial mineral powder often known as talcum powder. This powder is heat, electricity and acid resistant which makes it ideal for use in electrical switchboards and countertops in laboratories. It is also used as ingredient in insecticides, paints, ceramic materials and rubber roofing. Talc also increases the shelf life of different products, accurate pH value and exact composition.
- Luster is dull to pearly or greasy
- Crystal System is monoclinic; 2/m
- Color is snow white to almost silver
- Specific Gravity is 2.7 – 2.8 (average)
- Hardness is 1 (can leave mark on paper)
- Transparency crystals are transparent and masses are opaque